MEETING: October 27, 1999
- Welcome/Roll Call
- Approval of September 1999 Minutes
- Approval of Treasurer's Report
- Discussion on the ranking of point for out of state teams.
- Page 21 - Handbook A-4
- Official Recommendations for district and state playoffs
- School Enrollment Classification
- District 5 Banner Discussion
- Sport Updates
- October 31, 1999 Meeting at Chestnut Ridge - 12:00 noon for District V team participants in volleyball and soccer.
- Meeting called to order at 2:10 p.m.
- Secretary's report of the September 22, 1999 meeting approved. Palmer - Motion, Beachley - Second
- A report was heard from Chris Palmer, representing Edward Jones. Chris is the Financial Consultant of the District Committee. He presented a report on our investment accounts.
- Treasurer's report approved. Leyman - Motion, Scott-Second
- Mr. Palumbo introduced Mike Shaffer of Northern Bedford, the new School Board Rep. He has been appointed by the PSBA to serve a two year term from 12-1-99 to 6-30-01.
- Letter to Turkeyfoot
- Letter from Southern Alleghenies Football Coaches
- Point rankings for non PIAA teams and out of state teams will remain as in the district handbook. The next summer workshop may see new classifications in the state.
- Mr. Palumbo asked for recommendations of officials for district and state playoffs in football, soccer, field hockey and volleyball.
- Gary Singel was appointed as District 5 Football Rules Interpreter. Motion - Leyman, Second - Heath.
- The PIAA Board of Control passed a new School Enrollment Reclassification System. This system will be in effect on July 1, 2000. The only increase in classifications will be from two to three classes in boys soccer and girls volleyball. Proposals for football and basketball are still being studied.
- The committee voted to purchase PIAA District 5 banners in burgundy and gray for each district school at a cost of $100.00. Schools may order extra. Motion - Scott, Second - Hall.
- Mr. Diehl presented a report on the district girls tennis championships.