MEETING: August 2, 2001
- Welcome/Roll Call
- Approval of June 20, 2001 Minutes
- Approval of Treasurer's Report
- To District 6 - Stan Bem
- Fannett Metal
- State Officials Convention
- Home School
- Discussion of the District 5 Web Site
- updated for 2001-2002
- On server - not PIAA, yet!
- Need to purchase Front Page 2002 ($169+)
- Tickets - K-Force
- Officials and Basketball Coaches Inservice
- George Passerieb
- Athletic Eligibility
- New Business
- Meeting called to order at 1:30
- Approval of June 30, 2001 Minutes
- Approval of Treasurer's report
- In accordance with past practice, the committee voted to pay expenses of one official rep to the state officials convention. Approval to pay $162.00 expenses for Ron Beachley to attend.
- Brad Cashman, PIAA Executive Director presented a PIAA program of the investment into a PIAA Money Market account. The committee is interested in the program and will look at the proposal.
- List of District 5 sports participation in District 6 playoffs to Stan Bem
- Letter to Fannett Metal stating no change in our playoff location policy
- Receiving of IU08 Survey regarding home schoolers participation in interscholastic sports
- A discussion was held concerning the District 5 Web-Site. (As of 8/2001 we are up and running on the new PIAA server...web site address is http://www.piaa.org/district5/
- Wendy's is not doing championship tickets this year. K-Force.com Health Care will pay for championship adult and student tickets. Mr. Palumbo will purchase
- Ron Beachley will organize a soccer officials meeting and George Pasierb a basketball official meeting to inform officials what evaluators are looking for to enter district and state playoffs.
- A Rockwood student was given permission to continue attending and competing at Rockwood and to graduate from Rockwood. Her parents now reside in Somerset.
- New Business
- Wilson ball contract renewed with PIAA
- Approval to purchase Hy-Tek Track System, Windows Program for use at District Track meet and to supply seeding information to State Track meet.
- Will inform PIAA our desire for them to stay as now with Sports Classification figures.
- New PIAA policy that private schools must sponsor a sport to remain a PIAA member
- Foreign Exchange Students approved.
- Meeting adjourned at 2:35
Meetings & Minutes |