MEETING: June 12, 2002
- Meeting called to order at 10:20AM
- Approval of minutes of May 8, 2002 meeting.
- Approval of treasurer's report.
- Approval to pay J. Gyurik $200.00 for summer work on our web site and update/linkage with the PIAA web site.
- Approval of $200 fee to Mike Shaffer for District Track Stat work
- Concurrence with Conemaugh Twp handling of a softball situation between Coach Rod Jarvis and Westmont Coach Tina Marrow
- Reports on spring championships in Tennis, track, Baseball, and Softball
- Request from North Star on an eligibility case concerning the PIAA 8-semester rule. We cannot act on this situation. The school may ask the PIAA for a waiver of the rule.
- The basketball mercy rule used during the 2001-2002 season will not be in affect for the 2002-2003 season.
- New Business
- Johnstown Vo-Tech has dropped sports programs. Their enrollments of June 11, 2002 will be added to PIAA district school enrollments. Chestnut Ridge will receive a forfeit win and district points for the loss of the third date with Vo-Tech if they cannot schedule another game. If another game is scheduled, it must count.
- Same ticket format for 2002-2003 if K-Force or someone else
- Approval of Tussey Mountain Girls Basketball Tip Off Tournament
- Approval of Turkeyfoot football request
- District 5 Handbook and Review
- Elimination of all championship mileage reimbursement by 8-1 vote.
- Approval of new comp policy. Each school to receive 9 School Board passes + 1 for Superintendent + 5 to use as they wish. Dawn Maluchnik will provide. They will not be transferable.
- The meeting was adjourned at 2:30.