MEETING: April 21, 2004
AGENDA & MINUTES
- Meeting convened at 8:35 p.m.
- Approval of February 21, 2004 minutes.
- Approval of Treasurer's report
- Election of officers for the 2004-05 school year
- Chairman - Virgil Palumbo
- Vice - Chairman - Dave Koba
- Treasurer - Larry Palmer
- Secretary - Dick Fisher
- Approval of the following:
- Forbes Road to compete in District 6 Field Hockey for the 2004 season.
- Committee will pay PIAA school dues for the 2004-05 school year.
- Foreign Exchange students
- Approval of co-op between Rockwood and Turkeyfoot in soccer pending on approval by PIAA and the submission of all completed forms by June 10 to the District Committee.
- District 5 Athletic Handbook submitted by committee led by Dawn Maluchnick. Handbook was given to all district schools for inspection and approval. Suggestions will be accepted from schools.
- Jeff Batzel will send a history of District 5 Track winners to Art Hindle.
- There is concern with the continual dropping of attendance at the District 5 Banquet. The committee will discuss possible changes for the banquet.
- Discussion was held concerning Bedford's desire for an open district basketball tournament in AA. This will be on the June meeting agenda. There was also discussion about problems concerning the makeup of the District 5 Committee.
- The District deadline for baseball and softball playoffs will be extended to Tuesday, May 25. Schools must play all games unless attempts are made and cannot be completed and an exemption is approved by the sport chairman and the District Chairman.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:20.
Meetings & Minutes |