MEETING: August 5, 1999
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Phil Keim's replacement from Bedford County will be Joseph DeFelice.
- Approval of June 1999 Minutes.
- Approval of Treasurer's Report
- Approval to pay membership dues for all District 5 schools.
- Review of District 5 Handbook
- Review of materials
- Committee assignments
- Fee schedules
- Championship dates
- Discussion of the District 5 Website
- Wrestling team championship format
- Discussion of PIAA banners for member schools
- Discussion concerning Baseball/Softball District 5 Entry numbers for the 1999-2000 school year.
- District 5 Committee officials evaluation
- Not to be completed by district
- Responsibility of local chapters
- Policy for determining the number of high schools in each PIAA Classification
- Meeting called to order at 1:30 PM
- Approval of Joe DeFelice of Chestnut Ridge as a new member of the committee to represent Bedford County. Leyman - Motion, Scott - Second.
- Secretary's report for 6-15-99 approved. Heath-Motion, Palmer-Second
- Treasurer's report approved. Hall-Motion, Heath-Second
Mr. Palmer then presented a report on district finances
- We will not have a district audit this year. The entire state may go together on a unified system, using PIAA forms.
- The financial report shows a deficit of about $6,000.00 for the 1998-1999 school year.
- Mr. Palmer will bring to the September meeting recommendations for district expenses.
- The committee will pay PIAA dues for all district schools for the 1999-2000 school year at a cost of about $3,625.00.
- The contract with Wilson will continue giving us the use of balls for championship events.
- The committee will continue to provide all district trophies and medals as is.
- Wendy's will continue to provide tickets for all district championships.
- The team wrestling format will remain the same as last year. We may look to developing a ranking system for 2000-2001 school year and possibly changing the number of qualifiers.
- The committee is considering the purchase of banners for district schools or allowing the schools to buy the banners.
- Approval of foreign exchange student. Motion to approve all foreign exchange students. Leyman-Motion, Hall-Second.
- A discussion of baseball and softball entries was held. With the drop in schools, a motion was passed to cut the number of district championship numbers to eight. Scott-Motion, Fisher-Second.